Skip to main content

Some Of You Don't Know Me!

Many of you have no clue who I am even though you have received or read my blog in the past, so here goes:

My name is Thomas Neviaser, MD. Yes, I'm a physician, a retired one. I started my own practice in Vienna, Va in the early 1970's and retired in 2004. It was evident that retiring was going to be boring if I didn't get interested in something so I might have gone a bit overboard since then.

I've been hunting with and training labs for quite while before retiring so it was a no-brainer to continue. I joined with Dave Knowles to start a Class A construction company in 2006, Creative Construction & Consultatants, Inc. in Culpeper, VA. I wrote several small books and self-published them in the late 1990's.

I published THE WAY I SEE IT: A Head-to-Toe Guide to Common Orthopaedic Conditions in 2016 after 5 years of research and editing. This guide is written for the layperson and not for medical people. It discusses 90 common bone and joint problems seen every day. I phonetically spell out all the big words doctors use, explain what they mean and back up much of them with 76 photos/diagrams/x-rays.

It is an easy to read and understand guidebook by which you, as a person afflicted with aches and pains, can understand the anatomy and the mechanics of the conditions you have and be able to intelligently discuss your problems with your physician.

As the title says, I start with the head and proceed to every joint to the toes -  shoulder, elbow, wrist, hand, spine (neck and low back), pelvis, hip, knee, ankle, foot, and toes. There are bonus chapters on fibromyalgia, osteoporosis, bone healing, stress fractures, and what to expect on the day of surgery and more.

I give presentations on Low Back Pain, Shoulder, and Knees, and am accepting new invitations to speak.

Please take time to go to ww.thomasneviaser.com to read more about my books including my new psychological mystery, YOU DEAR SWEET MAN, and how to contact me.

Comments