Skip to main content
                        Hi, folks: Welcome to my blog!

I have just created an RSS feed for my blog and will be discussing all sorts of things here. Most of my blog, in the past, has been on the political front but recently I have published 2 books I want everyone to be aware of.

For those of you who do not know me or read anything I have written, I am a retired orthopedic surgeon. I was in private practice in Virginia for over 33 years, the last half of those years specializing in the shoulder surgery and knee arthroscopy. To my knowledge, I was one of the first orthopedists to scope a knee in Virginia in 1976 and the first to scope a shoulder in 1982 in Virginia.  

I am a diplomat of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgery since 1973, a founding member of the American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons 1982, and a member of the Arthroscopy Association of North America.

I have written or co-authored over 40 peer review articles in the past and participated my many instructional courses, symposia, and presented many papers both nationally and internationally. 

Since retiring, I have traded in my scalpel for a word processor. I am a columnist for the Culpeper Star-Exponent and the Culpeper Times in Culpeper, VA. and have written 4 books: 

1. THE WAY I SEE IT: A Head-to-Toe Guide to Common Orthopaedic Conditions (Amazon, Barnes & Noble)  

This guide is written solely for the layperson and orthopedic patients. 90 orthopedic diagnoses are discussed in an easy to read and understand manner with 76 photos/diagrams/x-rays to visually aid the text. I specifically spell out those pesky medical terms phonetically, explain the anatomy of each joint as well as the neck and low back, describe what mechanisms are at work that result in the symptoms patients have and discuss treatments available. 

There are 17 chapters that include common problems of the head, neck and the low back (low back pain/disc degeneration) as well as the shoulder, the elbow, the wrist, the hand, the fingers, the pelvis, the hip, the knee, the ankle, the foot, and the toes. Hence, the name of the book!

This guide will help empower patients as they visit the doctor's office and allow them the ability to communicate with him more easily. Check out more at thomasneviaser.com and facebook.com/thewayiseeitbook

2. YOU DEAR SWEET MAN: (Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Goodreads.com) Recently published 6/1/2017

A paranormal suspense novel about how advertising affects the common man. 

Follow Bobby as he is enamored and seduced by a model who he sees in a subway ad. The ad is THE PERFECT AD! It has been developed for a fast food company to be something special and it surely is. 

At first, a woman moves within the ad and then telepathically communicates with Bobby and finally becomes a part of his world where she has ulterior motives for spending time with him. 

Enjoy the fast-paced interaction of eclectic characters as you meet the CEO and the Board members of Burgerblast, Inc; Freddie and Preston, computer nerds whose parts make up more than the sum of their antics; Megan, the female image from the subway ad; Samantha, an adult movie star with higher ambitions and a rare paranormal ability to manipulate men and others who complement the antagonist and protagonist.

All of this leads to a completely unforeseen and unexpected ending.
I think you will enjoy this fun read.

3. THE COMB IN THE URINAL:

16 short stories of everyday objects found in the most unusual places. The book was inspired by a comb in a restaurant men's room urinal. The other stories include the mattress on the side of the road, shoes hanging from a telephone wire, mittens in a tree, a lost dog poster, long lost luggage, and other amusing stories, all with unusual endings.

Most of the stories are fiction, but there are some true stories that actually happened to me. Will you be able to tell which ones they are?

4. MAN'S UNOFFICiAL GUIDE TO THE USE OF HIS GARAGE:

A unique and humorous yet informative guide for men for organizing their garages. Chapters include floor plan, electric/lighting, plumbing, cabinet placement, work benches, tools, painting and wallpapering tips, etc. The book is a result of 30 years of multiple garages and the mistakes I had made and what I found to be helpful.

It is a great Birthday, Father's Day, and Christmas gift for men and I believe women will also get a lot out of it.

I am President of a construction company in Culpeper as well:
Creative Construction Consultants, Inc, a Class A Building Contractor in Virginia building homes, additions, renovations, decks, finishing off basements, and light commercial construction.

Visit us at  CTHREEINC.COM 

Again, welcome and please come back as often as possible.
I hope to keep you entertained and informed in the future.

You can see more about me at  thomasneviaser.com

Feel free to leave a message on my contact page there!







Comments