Skip to main content

Do You Believe Him Now?

This is what he said in 2008. Do you believe him in 2012?

1.  “ My administration will be committed to creating an unprecedented level of openness in Government  and establish a system of transparency, public participation and collaboration.” 
2.  “When there is a bill that ends up on my desk, you the public will have five days to find out what’s in it before I sign it, so that you will know what your government is doing.”
3. “ If you are a lobbyist entering my administration, you will not be able to work on matters you lobbied on, or in agencies you lobbied during the last administration.”
4.“Absolutely we need earmark reform.  When I am President I will go line by line to make sure that we are not spending money unwisely.”
5. I will be listening to you, especially when you disagree.”
6.  “ The stimulus law will create 3.5 million jobs and a new wave of innovation, activity and construction will be unleashed across America that will bring real and lasting change for generations.”
7.  “Today I am pledging to cut the deficit we inherited by half by the end of my first term in office.

However, he did keep one promise: 

"I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction!"

Comments