Skip to main content

2013 Update: When they Came for . . .


Doctor Toms Rant - Blogged



"When they told us it was necessary to monitor television and radio programs, scrutinize internet activities, track book, magazine, and newspaper purchasers, and record private phone conversations in the name of national security,

I didn’t speak up because I believed them.

When they came for radio and television political commentators who had expressed opposing points of view,

I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a commentator.

When they came for writers of books, magazines, and newspapers who had expressed opposing points of view,

I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a writer.

When they came for writers who had expressed opposing points of view on blogs and websites,

I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a blogger and didn’t have a website.

When they came for me because I had watched television political commentators, listened to radio programs, read books, magazines, newspapers, internet blogs and websites offering opposing points of view, and had expressed my agreement in emails, tweets, and in cell phone conversations,

There was no one left to speak up for me."

by Molli Nickell, Granny Guerrilla, former publisher, motivational speaker, and Time-Life editor, writes Politically Incorrect Fables for a Cranky Country to amuse patriots and enlighten low-information voters. Additional fables and daily “rants” can be read at www.grannyguerrilla.com

Comments